Bare Knuckle FC Announces Second Boxing Event for Aug. 25

On June 2, Bare Knuckle FC made history by staging the first legal, sanctioned bare knuckle boxing event in the U.S. since 1889. The event took place in Cheyenne, WY, and featured a host of talented fighters, from lineal bare knuckle boxing champion Bobby Gunn, who claimed an impressive 73-0 record before the fight, to MMA superstars like former UFC heavyweight champ Ricco Rodriguez and former UFC flyweight “Rowdy” Bec Rawlings.

Streamed live across the States and Canada on PPV, the event proved a—in some circles, unexpected—smash hit. According to BKFC president Dave Feldman, the viewing figures for streaming service FITE TV, which carried the live broadcast, were “historic.” Fighter have queued up to join the promotion, with some 500 new applications since the inaugural event aired. BKFC has signed 75 already, and is in talks with another 125.

Now they’re set to do it all again in Biloxi, MS, on Aug. 25. The BKFC 2 card includes the following fighters and matchups:

Shewmaker vs. Jackson

Both these guys competed in the BKFC1 heavyweight tournament quarterfinals. Sam Shewmaker defeated Eric Prindle via KO in just 18 seconds. Now he advances to the semifinal, where he faces Maurice Jackson, who defeated Dale Sopi via TKO at 1:10 of R1.

Adams vs. Beltran

In the second semifinal fight, BKFC1 veterans Arnold Adams, who defeated DJ Linderman by TKO at 2:00 of R2 in the quarterfinal, faces Joey Beltran, whose unanimous decision victory over Tony Lopez was considered one of the highlights of the inaugural event. Check out Must Love MMA’s post-fight interview with Beltran now!

Other BKFC veterans to return for the second card include:

  • Tony Lopez
  • “Rowdy” Bec Rawlings — another Must Love MMA interview subject! — who triumphed first time around over Alma Garcia, winning via TKO at 2:00 of R2.
  • Johnny Bedford, who defeated Nick Mamalis via TKO at 1:41 of R2.
  • Reggie Barnett, who defeated Travis Thompson via unanimous decision.

New fighters joining the promotion for the second event include:

  • UFC veteran Chris Lytle, who last stepped into the Octagon in Aug. 2011. The 43-year-old retired after defeating Dan Hardy in the event headliner. He made the switch to bare knuckle boxing earlier this year at BKB 9 in England, where he won by knockout.
  • Invicta FC veteran Christine Ferea. Ferea recently spoke to Must Love MMA about her bare knuckle ambitions—check out the interview now!
  • Charles Bennett, a veteran MMA fighter with a checkered record. He last fought at Island Fights 48 in June, where he lost to James Freeman. It was his nineth consecutive defeat.
  • Marcel Stamps, a Bellator Fight Series veteran with a 2-0 pro MMA record.

Visit bareknuckle.tv for more details on tickets and streaming.

By | 2018-07-10T00:02:13+00:00 July 10th, 2018|News|Comments Off on Bare Knuckle FC Announces Second Boxing Event for Aug. 25

Assault Charges Dropped Against UFC Fighter Volkan Oezdemir

Must Love MMA’s Susan Cingari was at Broward County Courthouse for Cage & Screen

The jury trial of UFC fighter Volkan Oezdemir (15-2-0) was to commence today at Broward County Courthouse but the case ended swiftly with the charges being dropped.

Oezdemir had pleaded not guilty to one count of battery causing great bodily harm, a third-degree felony. The charge stemmed from an altercation the 28-year-old Switzerland native was allegedly involved in outside Capone’s bar in Fort Lauderdale, Fl, on Aug. 12, 2017.

Bruce Zimet, Oezdemir’s lawyer,  said earlier this week he only expected the trial to last a few days. However this morning the case was dropped. Spokesperson Kristi Grimm, from the state attorney’s office, confirmed the case has been ruled “nolle prosequi,” which means the prosecution will no longer pursue the charge. Grimm said the charges were dropped “due to lack of cooperation from the victim.”

While the charges Oezdemir faced carried a maximum sentence of  5 years incarceration, the UFC was clearly betting on their fighter being available after the trial. This week it was announced Oezdemir will face Alexander Gustafsson at UFC 227 on Aug. 4 at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

Oezdemir had previously been scheduled to fight Mauricio Rua at UFC Hamburg on July 22 but that fight was canceled.

By | 2018-07-09T15:06:32+00:00 July 9th, 2018|News|Comments Off on Assault Charges Dropped Against UFC Fighter Volkan Oezdemir

Bare Knuckle FC Results

Last night Cheyenne Ice & Events Center in Cheyenne, Wyo., hosted the first legal, sanctioned bare knuckle boxing contest in the U.S. since 1889. The inaugural event of Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship, BKFC 1: The Beginning, broadcast live on PPV and boasted a stacked card of pro boxing and MMA athletes, from former UFC heavyweight champ Ricco Rodriguez and UFC flyweight “Rowdy” Bec Rawlings, to noted bare knuckle champ Bobby Gunn, who before last night boasted a 73-0 record.

Results

  • Ricco Rodriguez def. Lewis Rumsey via unanimous decision (50-45, 50-45, 48-47)
  • Joey Beltran def. Tony Lopez via unanimous decision (49-45, 49-45, 49-46)
  • Bec Rawlings def. Alma Garcia via TKO (doctor’s stoppage) – Round 2, 2:00
  • Sam Shewmaker def. Eric Prindle via knockout – Round 1, 0:18
  • Bobby Gunn def. Irineu Beato Costa Jr. via knockout – Round 1, 0:41
  • Johnny Bedford def. Nick Mamalis via TKO – Round 2, 1:41
  • Reggie Barnett def. Travis Thompson via unanimous decision (50-45, 50-45, 50-45)
  • Maurice Jackson def. Dale Sopi via TKO – Round 1, 1:10
  • Estevan Payan def. Omar Avelar via knockout – Round 1, 1:57
  • Arnold Adams def. D.J. Linderman via TKO (doctor’s stoppage) – Round 2, 2:00

Every Fighter Has A Story

By | 2018-06-03T14:08:23+00:00 June 3rd, 2018|News|Comments Off on Bare Knuckle FC Results

UFC Fighter Volkan Oezdemir Back In Court On Assault Charges

MustLoveMMA.com’s Susan Cingari was at Broward County Courthouse for Cage & Screen

Everybody Has A Story

Representatives for UFC light heavyweight Volkan Oezdemir appeared Broward County’s Seventeenth Judicial Circuit Court today for a calendar call in his ongoing court case. (more…)

By | 2018-03-29T14:26:25+00:00 March 29th, 2018|News|Comments Off on UFC Fighter Volkan Oezdemir Back In Court On Assault Charges

Accused Back in Court in MMA Fighter Aaron Rajman Murder Case

aaron rajman mma fighter

MMA fighter Aaron Rajman was gunned down in his Florida home in July 2017. Photo © MustLoveMMA.com

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -The three teens accused of the murder of rising MMA star Aaron Rajman appeared in Palm Beach County Court today, where their case was continued until September 5, 2018.

Roberto Ortiz, 19, Jace Swinton, 18, and Summer Church, 17, each previously pleaded not guilty to two counts of home invasion robbery with a firearm, and one count of first degree murder.

On July 3, 2017 a group of men entered Rajman’s home in the 22700 block of Southwest 65th Terrace, Boca Raton, at about 10:24 p.m.  An argument ensued, and Rajman was fatally shot.

“This was no random act of violence,” Palm Beach County State Attorney Dave Aronberg said.  “Mr. Rajman was targeted by these defendants, and we intend to seek justice for the victim and his family.”

Rajman was a well-known figure in the local Jewish community and was the only Orthodox MMA fighter competing in the sport of mixed martial arts.  He trained at the prestigious American Top Team in South Florida.

Rabbi Zalman Bukiet, director of the Chabad of West Boca Raton, called him “a special young man who had a heart of gold.”

MustLoveMMA.com will continue to follow the story as events unfold. Everybody Has A Story.

By | 2018-03-26T11:45:00+00:00 January 22nd, 2018|News|Comments Off on Accused Back in Court in MMA Fighter Aaron Rajman Murder Case