Accused Back in Court in MMA Fighter Aaron Rajman Murder Case

aaron rajman mma fighter

MMA fighter Aaron Rajman was gunned down in his Florida home in July 2017. Photo © MustLoveMMA.com

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. -The three teens accused of the murder of rising MMA star Aaron Rajman appeared in Palm Beach County Court today, where their case was continued until September 5, 2018.

Roberto Ortiz, 19, Jace Swinton, 18, and Summer Church, 17, each previously pleaded not guilty to two counts of home invasion robbery with a firearm, and one count of first degree murder.

On July 3, 2017 a group of men entered Rajman’s home in the 22700 block of Southwest 65th Terrace, Boca Raton, at about 10:24 p.m.  An argument ensued, and Rajman was fatally shot.

“This was no random act of violence,” Palm Beach County State Attorney Dave Aronberg said.  “Mr. Rajman was targeted by these defendants, and we intend to seek justice for the victim and his family.”

Rajman was a well-known figure in the local Jewish community and was the only Orthodox MMA fighter competing in the sport of mixed martial arts.  He trained at the prestigious American Top Team in South Florida.

Rabbi Zalman Bukiet, director of the Chabad of West Boca Raton, called him “a special young man who had a heart of gold.”

MustLoveMMA.com will continue to follow the story as events unfold. Everybody Has A Story.

By | 2018-03-26T11:45:00+00:00 January 22nd, 2018|News|Comments Off on Accused Back in Court in MMA Fighter Aaron Rajman Murder Case

Scuffle Breaks Out In Palm Beach County Courtroom In Murder Case Of MMA Fighter Aaron Rajman

MMA fighter Aaron Rajman was shot to death at his home in Boca Raton, FL, in early July.
Source: Instagram/Aaronrajman

WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. – 2 of  three teens who have been officially charged with first-degree murder and home invasion robbery with a firearm in the tragic shooting death of rising MMA star Aaron Rajman were back in Palm Beach County Court today.

The accused teensagers showed no emotion as they entered the courtroom wearing the traditional orange and blue jumpsuits handcuffed and shackled.

Tensions ran high at one point as Sheriff’s office deputies had to break up a brief scuffle between family members for the suspects and the victim.

Also in court today, the mother of 16 year old Summer Church, Judith Church who had harsh words for local news outlet WPTV, storming away when asked for a comment by the station’s local reporter insisting “The media does not tell the whole story or the truth”.

On July 3, 2017 a group of men entered Rajman’s home in the 22700 block of Southwest 65th Terrace, Boca Raton, about 10:24 p.m.  An argument ensued, and Rajman was fatally shot.

“This was no random act of violence,” Palm Beach County State Attorney Dave Aronberg said  “Mr. Rajman was targeted by these defendants, and we intend to seek justice for the victim and his family.”

Rajman was a well-known figure in the local Jewish community and was the only Orthodox mma fighter competing in the sport of MixedMartialArts.  He trained at the prestigious American Top Team in South Florida.

Rabbi Zalman Bukiet, director of the Chabad of West Boca Raton, called him “a special young man who had a heart of gold.”

Judge Burton set a status check for the case for January 22, 2018 and the 3 teens are expected to be back in court on that day.  MustLoveMMA.com will continue to follow the story as events unfold.

 

 

By | 2018-03-26T11:45:07+00:00 October 19th, 2017|News|Comments Off on Scuffle Breaks Out In Palm Beach County Courtroom In Murder Case Of MMA Fighter Aaron Rajman